Cheating, Woman and Crime

The age old phrase, hell hath no fury like a women scorned is alive and well in America. I was in the grocery store the other day and overheard a women singing very loudly. The song which she and many women adore was the smash hit "Before he cheats" by American Idol winner and country music star Carrie Underwood. The song is about a woman who goes Al Qaeda on her man's ride because of his philandering. Although, The lyrics are sung by woman nationwide with glee, I however find them very disturbing: I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped 4 wheel drive,carved my name into his leather seats...I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,slashed a hole in all 4 tires...Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats. Gee, I wonder what he could have possibly seen in that other woman? Maybe sanity?

In 2001, Pop R&B singer Blu Cantrell's smash "Hit em up style" sings about taking her girlfriends on a spending spree with her cheating man's credit cards:

Can't believe that I caught my man cheatin'
So I found another way to make him pay for it all

So I went
To Neiman-Marcus on a shopping spree
And on the way I grabbed Sole and Mia
And as the cash box rang I thought everything away

Many woman feel this criminal behavior is justifiable because of their hurt feelings:"I am hurt so I will destroy everything you love. Nothing illustrates this more that the infamous case of the late R & B star Lisa "left eye"Lopes. After discovering that then boyfriend Andre Rison had bought several pairs of sneakers for himself and none for her, Lopes proceeded to toss all of them into a bathtub and threw a match to them. The fire got out of control and quickly spread through the entire home eventually burning it down.

There is certainly a double standard when it comes to comparable male behavior. If I find out my girlfriend is fooling around with the UPS man, and I take a crowbar to her Toyota the cops will slap the cuffs on me faster than you can say Ike Turner! If I empty out her bank account that will surly land me on the local crime stoppers poster. Pop culture certainly celebrates this type of conduct, as evidenced with the latest woman scorned anthem "bust your windows" by Jazmin Sullivan. Let's universally condemn all types of relationship vengeance and settle these matters without violence or theft.

Comments

Karyn Beach said…
I guess I'm just to lazy to get even. Slashing tires, slugging out headlights, busting windows, and carving my name into the leather seats, I'm exhuasted just writing it. I prefer to leave a few tart voicemails. It's easier that way.
MoAfrika said…
Boy am I glad I chanced upon this blog. Anyways, I am a remarried father of 3. I didn't care about the empty bank account or the trail of debt that followed my telling her that I want a divorce. It is the horrendous things that was done to the children, like not being picked up from school or being dumped at the gate of my residential complex unannounced and just before a pre-arranged trip out of town. I say bring it on do all things but not the childrren PLEASE. I now live with my children and 2 days ago my eldest wrote a beautiful thank you for the year 2008, the first year of living with us (the 2siblings and the evil stepmom)she thanked each member of the family and she looks forward to many happy years. I almost cried.
By the way, in less than 1 year of her living with the children, the court awarded me custody and now, she just cost me money and not my soul or that of the children. I keep telling them to love themselves so that they can love mommy better - God knows she needs that.
As for my wife, man she rocks! If I were to cheat on her, she would just leave and that would be too painful to even contemplate . . .

Popular posts from this blog

The Legend Of The Unarmed White Man (Revised)

BP Crisis Brings Out Radical Left

Uncovering A Gigantic Royal Scam